General Author Guidelines
Articles submitted for publication must meet the following conditions:
- The article is typed in 1.5 spacing and the length of writing is about 15 - 25 pages of quarto (A4).
- Writing organizations include: 1) title, 2) author's name (without title), 3) author's agency, 4) email addres, 5) abstract no more than 200 words, 6) keywords, 7) introduction, 8) discussion, 9) conclusion and 10) bibliography. For scientific (research) articles, numbers (1) to (7) are the same as above, number 8) Literary studies and theoretical framework, 10) methods, 11) discussion and Findings, 12) conclusion, and 13) bibliography.
- The full name of the author should be included along with the origin of the university or professional institution, complete address, and e-mail address that can be contacted.
- The quotation and bibliography is written with a footnote note use turabian 8 reference style
Include a bibliography at the end of your article use Turabian Style 8th Edition. It is suggested the use of a reference manager, MENDELEY and ZOTERO
- The order of the bibliography is written alphabetically.
- Transliteration Arab-Latin follow the guidelines of transliteration. Download.
- Template for Preparing Manuscript for Ulumul Syar’i Journal. Download.
- For more information please contact 085345631391 (Herianto), or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reviewing of Manuscripts
Every submitted paper is independently reviewed by at least one peer-reviewer. The decision for publication, amendment, or rejection is based upon their reports/recommendation. If single or more reviewers consider a manuscript unsuitable for publication in this journal, a statement explaining the basis for the decision will be sent to the authors within three months of the submission date.
Revision of Manuscripts
Manuscripts sent back to the authors for revision should be returned to the editor without delay. Revised manuscripts can be sent to editorial office through the Online Submission Interface. The revised manuscripts returned later than three months will be considered as new submissions.
Manuscript Heading, Font, and Spacing
The manuscript should be typed using word processors (Microsoft Word, Open Office, Rich Text Format, or WordPerfect document file format) software. The font used throughout the paper is Cambria. The paper size is A4 (i.e., 210 x297 mm), with a 2.5 cm margin at the top, a 2.5 cm margin at the bottom, 2.5 cm margin on the left, and 2 cm margin on the right. The text is 1.5 spaced, with justify paragraph format, uses a 11 font size; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end. Page numbers should be included in the text located in the header section of each page. Use of pronouns such as I, we, etc. should be avoided. Arabic words should be transliterated according to the style of Ijtihad Journal.
When submitting a manuscript, the author guarantees that the same manuscript or a similar version has not been submitted to any other journal or publication. Submissions must be accompanied by footnotes, and must also be accompanied by a full bibliography of works cited in the text. Spelling, capitalization, and punctuation must be consistent within each article.
Authors Name and Affiliations
Write Author(s) names without a title and professional positions such as Prof, Dr, etc. Do not abbreviate your last/family name. Always give your full name. Write clear affiliation of all Authors.
Author names should be font size 11 pt, cambria bold. Author affiliations should be size 11 pt, cambria bold.
The title should reflect a specific focus of study based on the main issue of the article so that the author can get a general statement and sub-title specifically confining the scope of study. In addition, the title should be precise.
The title should be in 12 pt bold Cambria and be centered. The title should have 0 pts space above and 12 pts below.
Abstract and Keywords
An abstract looks like an advertisement of the article. The reader will continue reading all the article if he is interested in its abstract. Thus, the abstract should tell the prospective reader what the writer did and highlight the key findings. Avoid using uncommon abbreviations. The abstract must be accurate, brief, clear, precise, honest and specific. Use words which reflect the precise meaning. Please consider word limitations (150-250 words).
Keywords are the labels of your article and are helpful for the indexing and searching. Therefore the keywords should represent the content and highlight of the article. Use the words which only focus on your article. Each word/phrase in keyword should be separated by a comma (,).
In Introduction, authors should state the objectives of the work at the end of introduction section. Before the objective, authors should provide an adequate background, and short literature survey in order to record the existing solutions, to show the differences from previous researches, to show the main limitation of the previous researches, to show what you want to achieve or solve the limitation, to show the novelties of the paper, and to show theoretical construct (if needed) of the research. At the end, if the articles are results of a research, authors should state the methods used.
Discussions should explore the meaning of the article. The discussion is the most important part of your article. Here you get a chance to sell your data. Discussions could begin with a brief summary of the scientific findings from previous researcher’s authors should explore things that relate to the objectives of the work and give a scientific interpretation and reasons for each of the results or findings presented.
The conclusion should answer the research objectives clearly. Tells how your work will find a theory of knowledge. Without a clear conclusion, reviewers and readers will find it difficult to assess the benefits of your work. Do not restate the abstract, or just list from analysis.
Recognize those who helped in the research, especially funding supporter of your research. Include individuals who have assisted you in your study: Advisors, Financial supporters, or may another supporter, i.e. Proofreaders, Typists, and Suppliers, who may have given materials.
Use the Chicago Reference Style for citations and bibliography
SUBMISSION PREPARATION CHECKLIST
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
By submitting the article/manuscript of the article, the author(s) agree with this policy. No specific document sign-off is required.
For use of the article will be governed by the Creative Commons Attribution license as currently displayed on Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0)
2. Author(s)' Warranties
The author warrants that the article is original, written by stated author(s), has not been published before, contains no unlawful statements, does not infringe the rights of others, is subject to copyright that is vested exclusively in the author and free of any third party rights, and that any necessary written permissions to quote from other sources have been obtained by the author(s).
3. User Rights
Ulumul Syar'i 's spirit is to disseminate articles published are as free as possible. Under the Creative Commons license, Ulumul Syar'i permits users to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work for non-commercial purposes only. Users will also need to attribute authors and Ulumul Syar'i on distributing works in the journal and other media of publications.
4. Rights of Authors
Authors retain all their rights to the published works, such as (but not limited to) the following rights;
- Copyright and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- The right to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books,
- The right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- The right to self-archive the article (please read out deposit policy),
- The right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal (Jurnal Optimasi Sistem Industri).
if the article was jointly prepared by more than one author, any authors submitting the manuscript warrants that he/she has been authorized by all co-authors to be agreed on this copyright and license notice (agreement) on their behalf, and agrees to inform his/her co-authors of the terms of this policy. Ulumul Syar'i will not be held liable for anything that may arise due to the author(s) internal dispute. Ulumul Syar'i will only communicate with the corresponding author.
Being an open accessed journal and disseminating articles for free under the Creative Commons license term mentioned, author(s) aware that Ulumul Syar'i entitles the author(s) to no royalties or other fees.
Ulumul Syar'i will publish the article (or have it published) in the journal if the article’s editorial process is successfully completed. Ulumul Syar'i 's editors may modify the article to a style of punctuation, spelling, capitalization, referencing and usage that deems appropriate. The author acknowledges that the article may be published so that it will be publicly accessible and such access will be free of charge for the readers as mentioned in point 3.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
This journal charges the following author fees.
Article Submission: 0.00 (IDR)
Fast-Track Review: 0.00 (IDR)